Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Books in my Nightstand

So for my first official post, I will be sharing a small look into my reading selections that sit next to my bed.

Playing for Pizza- A great John Grisham book about a professional NFL player being let go and his journey of playing for a team in Europe. This book I am currently reading and I have started and stopped again for the past year. Looking forward to finishing this once school gets out.

The Five Languages of Love for Children- This book has been one that I have marked up a little bit and keep going back to when reflecting on parenting and teaching of children.

Basslines- This book tells many stories from the road of my favorite acappella group Take 6.

Einstein's Dreams- A very different book that was excerpted in a school training about 8 years ago. Very interesting book that has a lot of religious overtones that could be read into.

Boys Will Be Boys- An interesting read about the 90's Dallas Cowboys Dynasty and the partying, drugs, and night life that went along with these great teams. I now know a lot more about those teams then I amy have wanted to know.

Bible- The most used and loved book on the night stand. Keeps me grounded and brings peace to my mind.

The Choice- One of many motivational books by Og Mandino in my nightstand.

Crucial Conversations- I know, one that you may think would put you to sleep quickly but I refer back to this book often when I think about how to communicate with colleagues in all aspects of my work. Having it next to my bed, allows me to reflect on this in the early morning when I cannot sleep.

While those are only some of the books in my nightstand, these are the ones I am either currently reading or go back to for a read often.

No comments:

Post a Comment