Monday, June 21, 2010

Addy/Daddy Time


My family is the most special part of my life and my little Addison is definitely my little princess. Addison has always loved giving kisses, giving hugs, and loves to be active. My favorite part of every day is coming home from work after a long day and having her run to the door, wrap her body around one of my legs with a giant hug, and then run off to go back to whatever she was doing. It is as if she knows that I need a hug but that I also am ready to have my 10 minutes of down time, she just knows me. The other thing I love about Addison is that she loves to play games. Right now we play a lot of Connect 4 (Cowboys vs. Redskins version). I love the Cowboys and so does she but regardless she always wants me to be the Cowboys, again she just knows me. Lastly, Addison loves me unconditionally and that is so special, I can always count on her being there for me, even if she is only 3 she asks me how I am and gives just the right kind of love to match the moment. When my wife was pregnant with Addison, I could not have ever imagined what it would be like to have someone this special. My wife is wonderful and special in every way also, but a daughter is a different special.

All my Addy/Daddy time is special and if I can pass along anything to those that are parents- love your kids with all your heart, hug them every night, say I love you a lot, and always make 15 minutes for them before bedtime (I still remember my parents reading and singing to me every night before bed).

No comments:

Post a Comment