Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer 2010- Laid Back and Refocused


Summer 2010 has started off okay. My wife, daughter and I have been trading back a cough and cold, I worked two days last week on Classroom 10 stuff for school district, and due to the sickness have not felt like doing much. This is how most of my summers start though. You relax a little, let you guard down, get away from 30 kids that have different ailments on a daily basis, and wham, you get hit with it. But I have to admit that even though I have not felt well, I have been able to do a lot that I do not normally have time for, reading. I have been engrossed in some books, Daniel Pink's Drive, I am just starting the Fablehaven series which is a intermediate grade series that my kids have been reading so I assume I should get caught up on the latest, and I have two others waiting for me; The Passage and Playing for Pizza. My goal this summer is to read one book each week at a minimum and not watch TV during the day. My wife and I also enjoy playing games. We are big Scrabble players and we bought Bananagrams (a type of scrabblish game) last week. In addition to that, I am ready to get serious about losing weight. We have two programs for our Wii; Wii Active and my wife has a jillian Michaels one. It works you over but since I have been sick I have not been able to do much. My hope is to lose 40 pounds by the end of August which would be 5 pounds a week. If I lost more that would be awesome. Anyway that is my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment